Peanut butter and chocolate is a combination that almost never fails to excite me. Peanut butter and chocolate in my mind shouts Reese’s peanut butter cups. It is an absolute indulgent food, not because I am ashamed but because I don’t want to share. Having said that, today I have another dessert which is inspired from Reese’s peanut butter cups. Hence, I decided to name it ‘peanut butter chocolate crunch’.
This again is a very simple recipe but if you are like me (very impatient) you might probably want to make it at night, so that it can set overnight. This can help it set without having it disturbed every now and then. PB&J sandwiches, I think are everyone’s (or at least children’s) one of the most favorite snacks. Similarly, chocolates are also at the top when you list the favorites of a child or mostly anybody. Peanut butter chocolate crunch, I am sure will be an absolute treat. Be sure to try it out with the recipe mentioned below.
Peanut butter chocolate crunch recipe
Serves : 10-12
Time to prepare : 30 minutes
Time to set : 4-5 hours (overnight works best)
There are only a handful of ingredients to make this super easy recipe.
- 200 gram chocolate – melted (I used Galaxy)
- 150 gram unsalted butter – melted
- 300 gram peanut butter – chunky or creamy, I used chunky
- 200 gram digestive biscuit – chopped, almost powdered
- 10 gram brown sugar
- In a bowl, add in the chopped biscuits, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix well until all the biscuit is coated with butter and starts to appear crumbly.
- Add the peanut butter to this mixture and stir well.
- Place this mixture into a flat tray and freeze it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare chocolate sauce by adding warm milk to the chocolate and stirring.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on top of the mixture and allow it to set for at least 4-5 hours.
Once set, cut them into square pieces or into any shape of your desire and serve. They are really good as dessert as well as a evening snack with a cup of black coffee without sugar. Please do try out my peanut butter chocolate crunch and comment below if you liked it.