The benefits of green tea are talked about almost every day. Green tea is full of anti oxidants and it can reduce the chances of cancer. Although the main benefit of green tea is weight loss, I find it very misleading. I do not think by only green tea you can have a well built physic. However, I do believe a cup or two of green tea along with a healthy diet and the right exercises can help you achieve your goal. Anyway, I am sure green tea for health is known to many but did you know green tea can also be used for beauty. Read along to know some easy green tea beauty hacks.
Green tea is full of anti-oxidants and nutrients which has anti ageing properties. It helps to delay the signs of ageing. The most common signs of ageing are sagging skin, sun damage and wrinkles. Try out these green tea beauty hacks which could do wonders for your skin and hair.
Green tea beauty hacks for skin:
Puffy eyes and dark circle
All the hectic schedules and sleepless nights could lead to dark circles and puffy eyes. This is one of the most common problems many of us encounter. By this very easy hack with used green tea bags, you can keep these problem at bay.
- Take the brewed green tea bags and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour (or if you have time, overnight).
- Place this green tea bag over the eyelids for 10-15 minutes.
It helps to relax the muscles of eyes and therefore reduces the dark circles and puffy eyes. The caffeine content in green tea helps to tighten the skin and consequently reduces puffiness.
Green tea face mask
By now it must be clear that green tea is fully packed with anti-oxidants and hence using green tea in face mask is very beneficial. I am all about trying out homemade face masks as you know exactly what is contained in it. Green tea along with lemon, honey and turmeric is a very effective face mask to remove tan and fight against wrinkles and fine lines. Lemon has Vitamin C which helps to tighten the skin. Honey is a very good moisturizer and turmeric has the capability to remove tan.
- Cut open a bag of green tea and place the leaves in a bowl.
- Pour in the juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on the face and neck.
- Leave it for 30 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Green tea hack for nail:
Growing out your nails is fun and beautiful but the most unhappiest moment is when a nail breaks off. I am sure most of us have been down that lane at least once. You can fix the nail with the help of the green tea bag.
- Cut a small piece of the green tea bag
- Remove any nail polish if applied.
- Place the piece of the green tea bag where the nail broke.
- Apply two coats of nail polish above the piece of green tea bag and allow it to dry.
This helps the nail to appear seamless until the next manicure.
Green Tea for Hair:
Green tea is not only good for skin but also great for hair. The anti-oxidant EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) helps to reduce hair fall and aids in hair growth. Green tea when used as a final wash after shampooing and conditioning can help bring back the shine to hair.
- Brew 2-3 bags of green tea for about 2 hours.
- Use this green tea as a final wash after the regular shampooing and conditioning of hair.
- Allow the hair to air dry.
Try out all these beauty hacks using green tea. In addition to these hacks, if you have any other, please do share.