What do you love topping your pancakes with? I love them with caramel sauce. For the longest time I used to buy them until recently when I learned how easily caramel sauce can be prepared at home. Try my easy salted caramel sauce recipe and you will love it.
Now that I know how to make a simple yet delicious caramel sauce, I prepare it in batch and store it in mason jar in the refrigerator. It stays without spoiling for almost 2 weeks. Caramel sauce is one thing you can use in various recipes and so there is hardly any chance of spoilage. Apart from using it as a topping whenever I make pancakes for breakfast, I use it to make caramel iced coffee and it is amazing. I am generally not a fan of vanilla ice cream. I tried it with some caramel sauce drizzled on top and it was much much better. I think I might have it more often here after.
Let us get on with easy salted caramel sauce recipe.
Ingredients for my easy salted caramel sauce :
- Butter – 50 gram
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Cooking cream – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Sea salt – a pinch
- Place a sauce pan on medium flame.
- Add the brown sugar, water, cooking cream and sea salt
- Keep it on the flame for 7-8 minutes. Gently whisk occasionally until it thickens up.
- Once the desired thickness is achieved, remove the saucepan from flame and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind that the caramel sauce will thicken up once cooled down.
- Pour the caramel sauce into an airtight jar and refrigerate for future use.
Here’s another bonus recipe for those of you who made it till here. I had mentioned caramel iced coffee earlier, and I thought why not share it with you. But first, are you a coffee lover or tea lover, comment below. I am a coffee lover, let’s see how many of you are also coffee lovers (no offense to the tea lovers).
So one random day, I was craving for an iced coffee and I see the caramel sauce in the refrigerator and that is how I found this quick iced coffee recipe. It is really simple and you just have to blend all the ingredients together.
Ingredients for Caramel Iced Coffee :
- Coffee powder – 1 table spoons
- Cocoa powder – 1 tea spoon
- Caramel sauce – 2 table spoon
- Ice cubes – 5-10
- Ice cold Water – 250 ml
- Place all the ice cubes into the blender first.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients and blend until it thickens up with all the ice cubes crushed.
- Pour the iced coffee into a mason jar.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top to garnish.
- Serve it chill.
That is my super simple recipe for caramel iced coffee. Please do prepare the caramel sauce and tell me if you find any interesting way to use in other recipes. Can not wait to try out your recipes.
While making the caramel iced coffee, there can be formation of froth. It is totally normal. It is only because of the blending of butter used in the preparation of caramel sauce and iced cold water.
Enjoy both of these recipes.