I really get excited when I get an extra simple recipe for any dessert. I have always wondered if there could be a recipe that anyone, be it an expert or an amateur like me could pull off exactly the same way. This recipe was the result of the search for such a one. It is an easy dessert recipe you can follow for a refreshing experience.
For those of you who read my about me page, you would know my love for desserts and generally desserts are the one thing that would take most of the time in preparing. To be honest, there have been incidence when I have lost my patience while making a dessert and go check if it is setting or baking properly every now and then and eventually end up not becoming the way I intended it to be. That is how thrilled I am when I have my hands on an easy dessert recipe where there is neither the need for baking nor for keeping in the refrigerator for setting.
This one here can be done in less than 30 minutes. The caramel sauce once prepared can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for almost 2 weeks. The recipe for caramel sauce can be found in this link. It is super delicious and simple. You can either follow the recipe given and prepare caramel sauce or you can buy caramel sauce from any of the online stores or supermarkets.
Serves : 2
Preparation time : 30 minutes
- Chopped fresh fruits. I used apples, oranges, mango and banana, but it’s totally your choice.
- Digestive biscuit – 5-6
- Butter – 2 table spoons
- Almonds (roughly chopped with the skin on) – 10-12
- Vanilla Ice cream – 2 scoops
- Dark chocolate chips – 50 gram
- Milk – a splash
- Caramel sauce – 3 table spoons
- Take about 1 tbsp of the caramel sauce in a pan over slow flame.
- Add the chopped almonds to the caramel sauce and stir until the almonds are completely coated with the sauce. Once the almonds begin to change color, remove it from the flame and place aside.
- Chop the digestive biscuits into crumbs, add butter and stir until the mixture has a soil like consistency.
- In a bowl mix well the chopped fruits with 3 table spoons of caramel sauce (Feel free to alter the sweetness by adjusting the quantity of caramel sauce according to your taste).
- Heat the milk in microwave for about 10 seconds. Once the milk is warm (do not let it boil), pour over the chocolate chips and stir until it melts to make chocolate sauce.
Plating the dessert :
- To assemble the dessert, place the crumbs at the bottom of the plate with chopped fruits on top.
- Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Sprinkle some caramelized almonds and drizzle some chocolate sauce over the dessert
- Place a mint leaf to garnish.
Enjoy this super easy dessert recipe and do let me know if you try it. You can also tag me if you decide to upload a photo of the dessert in instagram.